Ir al contenido principal

The Internet And Other Addictions

What is an addiction? For years we used to have a wrong idea about addiction, researches used to mean it as an abuse of substance such as drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. Nowadays we associate this word  with internet use, sex, gambling, cellphone use, shopping, travel, and etc. 

On theses days are more common people get addicted, especially young people, it is because the use of technology, young people expend more than 16 hours daily using a cellphone, there are others who expend more than ten hours surfing in internet or playing video games.

On the other hands, I consider myself as a cellphone addicted, I don't know if it is good or bad, but I cannot live without my phone, I carry it anywhere, anytime. I wake up with my phone, and I go to the bed with my phone, that means I use my phone the whole day, I am not sure if this is normal or not, the only thing I know if I cannot imagine a day without my phone.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Hello. My name is Rubí Peña. I am twenty one years old. I am married, so, now i live with my husband, but before I used to live with my parents, sister and niece. I am from Bonao, Dominican Republic, and currently I live in it. I am a full time student, i mean now i don't work, but before, I used to. I taught English to children in a English School and I was a Sales Promotor in a Super Market. As I said that I am only studing, I study at the University, Called Universidad Autónoma De Santo Domingo, but I study in the enclosure Curce Uasd Bonao here in the Monseñor Nouel province. I study Modern Languages (English Mention). I am in my seventh semester. If I had to say why I study that career, I can say: because first at all I love the English language, because it's one of the most important language to worldwide, and it is fascinating in all the sense. Second at all, people is able to work in almost all the jobs. Besides you can commuticate easier in watherver place of the worl...
Work place privacy at Punta cana-Bavaro.                                            Work place privacy at this area do not exit because employees don't have any privacy at work at any time.      For example there are video camera every where in the work place monitoring the employee 24-7.Especially, in the resorts employees are being monitoring and ckecking all the time.When they enter, they have to leave their staffs in the locker and pass for a security machine which they call " a metal detector".when employees leave their work place,they are checked by a security and pass through the machine again.Their bag also is checked.In addition, there are Camera in the employee's restaurant and maybe in the bath room and other places like where the employees live and rest in the work place and where some employees change their clothes.
        Spiritual Renewal  In this case I would rather to talk about me and my spiritual life, I think that it will also be good for me because I  feel that I have to renew my spiritual life. I am a believer and I have gone far from my religious life lately, due to my job, university and others activities I know I should not pay that much attention to, but I do. I was grown in a religious family, even my parents and grant parents were part of the main team at church. Since I was a child I was taught about God and the creation of the world by Him, and I was totaly involved in a religious life. with the step of the time as I was growing I started to be part of the teams on church, I was part of the child group of the church in which one I later on became a leader, then I when I get to be a teenager I moved to the teenagers group in which one also I became a leader in my firts year, then the president of the group in the next year and als...